I am a huge advocate of traveling, if you couldn’t tell. As much as I love it and strive to adventure as much as possible, life happens. Things come up abruptly, whether it be scarce funds, crunched time, or anything, really. Maybe you have had a vacation planned out for months, life hit you and now you can’t afford that trip comfortably anymore. I get it, believe me. However, there are things you can do to minimize your chances of not going on that trip. By finding cheap thrills and hidden gems, you can travel more for less and have much more flexibility! Here, I will tell you how you can find the best deals without breaking the bank!
- Take a day trip to a nearby city. Your only expenses would be gas and maybe meal or two, which is incredibly cheap. Never underestimate the potential of a day trip!
- Everyone knows its fairly easy to find a cheap hotel, but you’d be amazed at how easy it is to find cheap stays on Airbnb! Airbnb allows you to filter your search settings to find the perfect place for you, from pricing to location and much more. You can, often times, come across some jaw-dropping properties, also! I have yet to have a bad experience.
- Travel during the low season. Hotels aren’t my go-to, but they’re needed at times and when business is slow, the prices are low.
- Take a weekend to go visit friends and family. This is something I do quite a bit. It’s a great way to catch up with people that you haven’t seen in a while and on top of that, it’s always cheap! I have made some of my best memories using this tip.
- Some of you may think of this tip as absolute insanity. I can understand why you think so, but you can try couch surfing. It is a very atypical way to find cheap or sometimes free accommodations by arranging to sleep on a local’s couch (or even a spare bedroom a times. To find out more about couch surfing, you can head over to CouchSurfing.com.
Don’t get me wrong, saving up a small fortune to splurge on an exotic trip is exciting. In fact, I encourage you to do so, if that is what you love to do. I, however, get a rush of excitement from finding these sweet deals that cost little to nothing! No matter your budget, with a little creativity and imagination, you can always find the best trips that suit your desire. 😀